Lap Lap With Coconut Milk
- Peel taro using a sharp knife.
2. Heat rocks in fire pit.
3. “Scratch” coconuts to extract the meat.
4. Squeeze coconut meat to release milk. Set milk aside for sauce.
5. Grate the taro.
6. Knead taro to remove lumps.
7. Spread onto prepared banana leaf. Wrap and secure.
8. Place on heated rocks, cover with more hot rocks. Bake for about three hours.
9. Remove from rock oven
10. Spoon hot coconut milk sauce over the top and serve.
Mild flavored, texture like polenta.
Lap Lap is a traditional Vanuatuan dish, and can be made from breadfruit, taro or yam, and on special occasions served with chicken, pork or beef.
For more responses to this week’s WordPress Photo Challenge: Experimental